Your Legal Partner for Business,
Real Estate and Mortgage Banking
for the Western United States

  • Consumer Finance Services
  • Business Services
  • Probate, Wills and Trusts

Probate Services

Probate is the process by which a California court decides where your property passes either pursuant to your will or if you die without a will, pursuant to the laws of intestacy. It is initiated when a person (called the petitioner) files a petition for probate. Assuming no one objects and the person is qualified, the Court will appoint the petitioning party administrator of the estate. The administrator will gather assets, pay creditors and ultimately distribute the estate to either the heirs at law or the heirs under the will.

There are often alternatives to probate. Spouses can utilize the spousal petition process which is a quicker and cheaper alternative to a full probate. Similarly, for estates that are less than $150,000.00, property can be collected through an affidavit process.

If you have a loved one that has died, with or without a trust or will, our sister firm, Finlay Law Group, APC can assist you in determining what procedure is appropriate for your situation. If you would like to discuss your specific needs, please contact Mary Finlay at the Finlay Law Group, APC.

Main Office

4665 MacArthur Court,
Suite 200
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Phone: (949) 477-5050
Fax: (949) 608-9142

Nevada Office

7785 W. Sahara Ave.,
Suite 200
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Phone: (702) 475-7964
Fax: (702) 946-1345

Arizona Office

16427 N. Scottsdale Road,
Suite 300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone: (949) 477-5050
Fax: (949) 608-9142

Washington Office

3600 15th Avenue West
Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98119
Phone: (949) 477-5050
Fax: (949) 608-9142

Utah Office

2975 W. Executive Parkway
Suite 125 / Mailbox 155
Lehi, UT 84043
Phone: (801) 893-4901
Fax: (702) 946-1345

Oregon Office

121 SW Morrison St.
Suite 1875
Portland, OR 97204
Phone: (503) 479-8871
Fax: (949) 608-9142

Languages Spoken:

Spanish, Mandarin, French, Japanese, German, Armenian & Polish

Need an Attorney?

Click here to contact us regarding your legal needs.